Monday, April 30, 2012

Trading in wheels for legs

Time to give the Hyundai a break! I can't believe it made it all the way across the country. In 6 days!
Aside from a speeding ticket, getting stuck in the sand and being horribly lost on my last day, it was a good trip! Not one I would make again any time soon, or alone for that matter, but definately a scenic drive. And I was so happy to be able to squeeze in some visits with friends and family!

I arrived late Saturday night and was able to take a nice day of rest yesterday- I set up my room, met the staff and spent the afternoon grooming the herd. The weather was fantastic and everyone was so welcoming, I couldn't have asked for a better start to the season!
Today we had the vet in to check on some of the horses and it was a horribly rainy cold day. As it turns out, im not actually IN Kamloops (where its a warmer desert type area). Im a little farther North in Heffley Creek (Sun Peaks is right next door) Were in the mountains. And its very cold. Today I was told to check out the peaks - where I was sure to find snow! Horrible. I hope it warms up soon, cause the clothes I brought are deffinately not suitable for this climate.

I was going to post a video, but unfortunately it wont load! And photos are taking forever so Ill have to figure that out too.  (its strange looking at them because I know I took them and I know I was there, but I have some trouble remembering driving through parts of it. I must have been very tired and overwhelmed...)


No comments:

Post a Comment