Monday, April 23, 2012

Just a lil thank you…

to all my friends and family who are supporting me on my new adventure.
I really appreciate all the visits, phone calls and messages. I don’t know what I’d do without you!

I left this morning a little later than I had initially planned but arrived safe and sound in Sault Ste Marie this evening. It was a rainy/snowy/windy drive to Sudbury, but luckily around 6pm the sun decided to come out and I made it to the Sault in sunshine!

I got here just in time to have a quick dinner and find a creepy motel. I’m trying not to think about what's crawling on the floors…

I was surprised to find gas is FAR more expensive up here than in Mississauga and Toronto. I was warned that it would go up but I was shocked by how much. I gassed up before I left at $1.30 – it jumped up to $1.40 in Sudbury and is currently a whopping $1.45 here in Sault Ste Marie.
GROSS. Thank god for gas cards…

All in all, a lovely trip so far! I’m hoping the weather holds up and I don’t see any snow. It’s quite lovely up here in Northern Ontario – this is actually the farthest North I’ve ever been! Tomorrow I plan to be up bright and early so I can hit the road for Thunder Bay.

1 comment:

  1. Damn brah...gas is so pricey!!! So fb tells me you've reached! How is the resort????? How's your new digs?

    ReplyDelete