Monday, November 14, 2011

Learning to blog

Who am I?
Well... I'm a girl.

I'm indecisive. I like baking and pretty flowers and I wish I had a boat. And a dog. Everything else is up in the air. But that's ok, because I know that. Next question!

What is this blog?

Dammit. 

Well it started out as a travel blog; something I could update while touring Europe so my family could follow along. It was just supposed to hold a few photos and stories. Nothing much more than that. I wasn't even planning on keeping it once I got home.
But there it is... the little online baby I created. And I cant destroy it! I want to keep it and work on it and make it great.

So I find myself being sucked into the blogging world, trying to find the tools so I can define my blog.
I'm reading friends blogs. Then I'm checking out their favourite blogs and THEIR favourite blogs.
And then before you know it, its 2am and you have bookmarked about 20 blogs of interest.

Travel blogs, cooking blogs, family blogs, fashion blogs, interior decorating blogs, "how to blog" blogs!

And they are all so great with their nice design, catchy title, links, videos and stories. They have fans and comments. Most important, they have a purpose and they deliver what their readers are looking for.

It makes me wonder, how do they blog so well?  How do you know what to blog about! Where do you get the time!!

So now, not only am I trying to figure out my own identity, but my blogs.

But I've just decided I wont let it get to me. This little baby of mine will grow slowly and it will mirror its creator.
It'll have whatever I want on it. And it wont deliver anything except unexpectedness!

So here's a post dedicated to my blog!

x
k

No comments:

Post a Comment