Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It’s September!

And that means new.
I know I don’t go to school anymore but September always felt like the beginning of the year to me. New clothes, new writing materials, a new season with new friends. It’s still a fairly warm month but man, are those mornings brisk.
It makes me want to curl up and read or bake things with pumpkin and chai. Enjoy hot chocolate and get new cozy ponchos. Hibernation starts to set in, it’s all very strange. (And I never do end up doing those cozy things. I just think about them….)
So I decided to embrace it and just let summer go – I know it’ll be back eventually. If not, there’s always Spain. Or India. I hear it’s pretty hot over there.
In honour of accepting this “new year” I cooked up some fall-ish goodies last night. I treated someone to a night off in the kitchen and although it was a well intentioned and selfless act, I enjoyed myself immensely.
Try out Chef Michael Smiths totally yummy ratatouille here. It was the BEST veggie dish I’ve had in a while – and the fresh herbs make the difference. It tastes like France.
I also made this quinoa and we had BBQ salmon in this marinade.
A perfect summer-almost-fall menu!
Enjoy
K

No comments:

Post a Comment